How to Choose a Commercial Cleaner
Having a clean work environment for your company’s premises is vital. A clean work space gives your employees a positive environment to work in, which in turn increases productivity, and for clients and visitors to your company, a tidy and presentable space will give them the right impression. Here are six things you need to take into consideration when hiring a cleaning contractor for your business.
How to Choose a Commercial Cleaner: Checklist
- Flexibility: This is absolutely central in picking a contractor. Your cleaners should be available to work from early in the morning to late in the evening, depending on your opening hours. Also, if you wish to have your office cleaned at the weekends, it is important to check your cleaners’ availability during these times. If you have certain clients coming in, and you think your office and premises need a quick spruce up, then it is essential to check whether they will be available at short notice.
- Review your own Company and its Needs: Every company has its own specific needs and requirements. Ensure that the cleaning contractors you hire are suitable for the range of jobs you need covered. For example, if your offices are very large you will need a cleaning service that can provide you with a sufficient number of staff to cover the area. Evo Cleaning, for example, also offer a wide range of services from window cleaning to washroom services. So if you don’t want to worry about these jobs separately, a contractor that offers these services as part of an all-inclusive package will be the better choice for your business.
- Health and Safety Checking whether a cleaning contractor has solid health and safety policies is important. It is also important to ensure that the contractor and its staff are up-to-date and fully trained in the latest developments to health and safety legislation. Ensuring that the contractor also follows CoSHH guidelines is very helpful. The contractor also needs to take risk assessments when needed, to check that the staff are doing their job properly.
- Checking their credentials Before picking a contractor, it is important to ensure that they have all the right credentials, from the relevant documents to accreditations. All of these should be checked to determine if they are a credible, trustworthy company to work with. Sometimes when choosing the right cleaning contractor, most of the emphasis is placed on checking whether the services are excellent. However, the legal considerations are just as important as the quality of their work. If they possess all the required documents, not only does this mean that they are a credible company to work with, but it also shows that they take the job very seriously.
- Insured contractors Where correct risk assessments and training have been undertaken, there should be no reason for accidents and damage to property to occur, however it is important to check that your cleaning contractor has the correct cover in place, both for peace and mind and for the sake of correct practice.
- Reliability: Cleaning contractors should be able to perform their job to the best of their abilities as required and requested on a daily basis. An effective way to check the reliability of the company is by contacting their previous clients to receive feedback from them. This should inform you as to whether the services they offer have been carried out well in the past.
Following these six steps will help you choose the most suitable cleaning contractor for commercial cleaning services. What are some of the things you consider when choosing a cleaning contractor? Please share your thoughts below.